forgotten passcode

We have a xbox live family account with my gamertag being the only adult account, using a passcode, and the others are for my daughters.  I have two 360.  Apparently when I set up the 360 slim in the living room, I set a different passcode than the one I have on my old elite in the bedroom.  Is there any way I can recover the forgotten passcode for the slim?  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there.

Recovering the profile should reset/remove the xbox LIVE passcode. If you need help recovering your account, take a look at this support page.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No. The only thing I can think of is to recover the account.  That deletes any passcodes.  And you can't keep multiple copies of the same account(s) on multiple consoles.  If you try that, you will be engaged in constant account recoveries will eventually corrupt your accounts and then you will have problems.

I assume that this passcode you are referring to was put on your Live account?  'cause you can't lock out the console itself with a passcode.  I wish you could however.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I had set up the 360 slim when I purchased it, I had signed in with my gamertag.  Since then, two of my daughters stay logged in on it.  For the last 7 months, I've only had my gamertag on the elite that is in the bedroom.  The other night I was wanting to play and recovered my gamertag to the slim.  It let me log on to live and play.  When I got done, I logged off, but decided to relog on  to access netflix.  Thats when it asked for my passcode.  The one I use on the elite did not work.  I really dont remember setting a passcode on the slim.  Actually, Im pretty sure I didn't.  We didn't have a family account yet and my daughters played under my gamertag.  Sorry for leaving some of this info out.  Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

There are two different passcodes on the console. The individual LIVE passcode can be reset by recovering your account, but the parental passcode can only be reset by answering the security question or by calling phone support.

Sorry this didn't help.

how do i change my passcode and account on my xbox 360

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OFWGKTASoup, The answers are right above your post

If you mean your Windows LIVE ID/ password then please check this link

Sorry this didn't help.