Forgot Yours or Your Parents Windows Live ID Password?

Greetings Gamers! I've made this post to give everyone a few tips to help you if you've forgotten your password for your Windows Live ID!

Let's start by resetting our password!

1. Go to the Reset your password page.

2. Choose the option that matches the problem you're having, and then follow the instructions on the screen.

3. Choose how you want to reset your password, and then follow the instructions.

If none of the reset options are available to you, choose I can't use any of these options. You can still fill out a questionnaire to recover your account, but this might take some time and may NOT always work if you cannot provide the correct information!

After you’ve reset your password, it’s a good idea to add as much security info as you can to help make your account more secure. If you forget your password, or if someone else tries to take over your account, you can use this info to get your account back. 

So that didn't work huh? Still need some help? Well let's try to give Xbox a call! 

support.xbox.com/contact-us 

If for some reason, NONE of these options worked for you, these options are the only way to get your Microsoft account back into your control! 

A few FAQ's

• All the details I have given you are correct but none seem to work, HELP! 

The information you're giving may be updated or more current information. Maybe when you made the account you put in different information than you thought you did!

• I have to go to my parental account but my parents and I forgot the password!

As stated above in the actual instructions, once you have done all that can be done there is no other way for us to help you unless you remember your verification information to get access to your account again!

• The email account that I signed up with doesn't even exist anymore! 

If your e-mail does not exist anymore, you can always try to re-make the e-mail address! So let's say your e-mail used to be *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and that e-mail was removed it due to inactivity, go ahead and try to remake it again! That may

• I don't get it, why would you lock me out of my own account, and then tell me I can't get in because my OWN information is wrong? 
Always remember to LOG IN to your account once every 30-days or so to MAKE SURE it us updated and still valid!
REMEMBER! It is always better to log into 3-4 e-mail accounts which may sound like a pain in the you know what, than it is losing EVERYTHING! :)
  • I used the wrong e-mail address when signing up, PLEASE HELP ME!

We're all human, and we ALL make mistakes! What I want you to do is contact Microsoft and Xbox, the number is 1-800-4MYXBOX, and explain to them your situation!

If I have forgotten anything, or someone would like to add a few more questions. 
I'd be more than HAPPY to assist you! Thanks everyone, happy gaming!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to: