Forgot Windows Live ID for alternate Gamtertag

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Xbox 360 (my old Xbox 360 got the 3 rings of death), and I transferred all of my gamertag info from that hard drive to the new system.  However, I can't remember the Windows Live ID for an alternate gamertag (NOT the one I'm writing this post from.)  I called customer support and also talked to someone online, but I couldn't get any help  - it has been a while since I managed or purchased anything with that gamertag.  I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to recover all of the game data on that gamertag?

Or, alternatively, is there a way to transfer/copy game memory from that gamertag without actually signing in to the gamertag itself?

Thanks for the help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Ermm, this is a tough one so I'm going to provide what I know. If there's a credit card on the account & you know the answer to the secret question, then you might have some leverage with the Support team.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you contact support to get information for the account such as the Windows Live ID, you'd have to answer verification questions to prove that it's your account. If you transferred the info via the hard drive transfer kit, the data from the gamertag will have automatically transferred. If you still have the Hard Drive from your previous Xbox 360, I suggest getting one of those.

Otherwise, to download the profile, you need the Windows Live ID it's attached to. I suggest searching all of the e-mail addresses you have for anything Xbox-related as you may be able to find some old newsletters tied to that alternate gamertag. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.