Forgot my email password.

This isn't my main account, just made this so I could ask this question. So a few years back, I made a xbox account but I forgot the password to the email - it was no problem though because I had my account set up to automatically sign in whenever I got on xbox. This morning when I try to get on it asks for my email and password, but I don't know the password so now I'm pretty much locked out of my own account. This sucks because I just bought myself a 12 month a few days ago.

Creating a new account is off my list because I don't want to start over and lose all of my game stats, I've also tried filling out an account recovery form a few times now but I apparently I keep giving insufficient information... So, any other way for me to get my account back that doesn't involve me using my Windows live ID?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Well, unfortunately, you have to use your Windows Live ID (now called Microsoft Account ID) to get your account back. I would suggest contacting Xbox Customer Support by phone preferably, since you can't access your account there's no need to go to chat. The phone number is 800-469-9269 if you're US/Canada. Explain to them what's going on and they can give you the best course of action. If you got an email from the form you filled out saying that there was a code on it I suggest keeping it handy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well if you remember your actual email address password but just don't remember your xbox account password then your in luck. Go to microsoft.com and click on sign in and then click on forgot password. It should send something to your actual email address so you can reset your password and verify some stuff. Then once you get your account back while still on microsoft's website I suggest adding some proofs to your account like your phone number and alternate email address just to be proactive if anything like this happens again. Hopefully this helps you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

contacting Xbox Support won't help, because this is an Microsoft Account issue, the only steps available to try and reset the password or to recover the account are mentioned on this link: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-password

-

If both of those fail, there is not mucht left to try...

Sorry this didn't help.