FORGOT FAMILY PASSCODE

Hey everyone! 

I feel TERRIBLE posting on here and asking for solutions regarding the "forgot family passcode" issue.  Mainly because there are so many threads already, however none of the mentioned solutions within those threads have worked for me.  The story is that I purchased my xbox 360 at a local pawn shop a week ago, got it home, figured out the passcode issue, tried to return it....obviously that didn't work, now I am here asking/begging for help.  

What I have done is deleted everything from the previous owner to include profiles and memory cashe, and then created my own profile and paid for my xbox live gold and got that going, so all i have left is the family passcode issue! Please help! If all i need to do is call Microsoft or something, can someone share their experience with that if you have had to do so.  Possibly a controller combination code for serial number specific models?  I am just taking a shot in the dark, so please feel free to shoot me down and fill me in with some solid advice!   

Thank you in advance,

-Lost in the Sauce 

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi there RAZORB4CKZ,

From my understanding the profile that set the passcode must be deleted and re-downloaded to clear it from the system.  Obviously you have no way of downloading an account you do not own.  Sadly this is one of the drawbacks from the second-hand market and I'm unsure of if Microsoft can do anything to help you.

You need to re-download the profile that set the passcode, this is a precautionary system in case the console is stolen or a minor is trying to circumvent the passcode.

Best thing you can do is use the support chat app or phone them up and let them know.  If the previous owner did not register the console they might be able to help you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.