Forgot email

Just not long off the phone with someone from customer service, I had an account from my 360 days which I want to recover and this guy was saying if you've forgotten the sign up email you just can't access your account.

What kind of stupidity is this!?  You need that email to be able to go through recovery methods, but wait microsoft, did the geniuses working out this stuff forget to include what to do if the very possible happens and the user can't recall the email address no matter what?  Pffftt, this, is bull.  I'm entitled to my account and I want it back!!

Reply and help me get my account back microsoft or anybody else with any ideas here.  This is just moronic account recovery standards, for microsoft of all companies.... SMH

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I had the same issue and I never found a way to recover the account but I really wasn't that concerned about it.  There may be someone here that has some ideas but I really think you are out of luck on this one.  I had the same problem with my Office 365 subscription and was told the same thing but fortunately I was able to remember the e-mail address and was finally able to access my subscription.  Sorry I couldn't offer anything more positive but I wanted you to know what I was told.  Good Luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's a joke, I want a response from Microsoft on this issue even you had to deal with, and many others obviously

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck.  I hope you get everything worked out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did anyone ever find a way? I cannot remember mine so all my saved progress in my games is lost!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, shotdead 23

I have asked for your post to be split. If it can't be split, then please create a new thread so I and another community member can further help you.

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Sorry this didn't help.

It's unfortunate that this issue has not been dealt with. Although the only people who can help are in fact xbox support. You have to call them and inform them you are unable to remember the email linked to the account. The support staff should take you through steps to verify your identity in order to provide you with the email address linked to the account. If you cannot provide them with enough evidence to show you are the account creator then you will not be entitled to the email.

Sorry this didn't help.