Forced Xbox Live Gamertag Dispute (For The Xbox Enforcement Team)

In the middle of a match on Modern Warfare 3, I was kicked out and logged off of Xbox Live with a statement that my gamertag was not allowed (this is after having it for over a year) as per the code of conduct.  I would like to argue this since my former gamertag of DiarrheaTroll had no hateful, slanderous, or foul language in it as per the code of conduct listed under what is not allowed related to a person’s gamertag or profile.  I have copied and pasted the exact words from the code of conduct below.

“Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.

Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may be considered inappropriate.”

I believe that an unhappy gamer may have reported my account out of spite for a poor gaming experience.  This is based off the fact that lately there has been an overwhelming number of foul mouthed, offensive, and racist gamers playing Modern Warfare 3 where they have gotten belligerent with having a bad match.

I have already contacted Customer Support (which directed me to post here for the Xbox Enforcement Team to read) in which they stated they cannot handle this issue, but did not see any issue with the gamertag as per the code of conduct section I referenced to them (which is the same as above).  The customer support agent told me to dispute this issue with the Enforcement Team on this forum for which he provided a direct link to.  If this post is not in the correct area, then please direct me to the correct area so I may contact the Enforcement Team (since there is no other way to do so).

I do know that this can be challenged as I had an old friend a couple years ago dispute his gamertag that was banned and was allowed to keep it after making his case and proving that it did not break the guidelines listed above as per the code of conduct.

I thank you for your time and I hope that a discussion can be made either through here, via xbox live chat, or a phone call.  I will not leave any personal information on here as per the code of conduct, but I’m sure you can look up that info to resolve this issue.  Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

DiarrheaTroll...how can you think that's ok? Note the bolded part...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Note these fine excerpts from the Code of Conduct YOU PASTED:

• Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by
  • This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of:
These 2 things together cover anything remotely inappropriate. If you don't see that, good luck to you on all your future endeavors.
---PittaMan

Sorry this didn't help.

Issues such as this should be posted in the Suspension Forum (forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx). Please refrain from posting these issues in the Support areas. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.