Forced to change Gamertag

XBL Team,

I was interrupted today (3/9/2013) while playing halo 4 match matching on xbl. I receive this message now every time i try to log in to xbl "In accordance with Xbox LIVE policy, the gamertag Freaky Hadji is no longer allowed. Please change your gamertag before playing on XBOX LIVE." Why am I being forced to change my Gamertag? Please let me know. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hey there bud!

If the enforcement team forces you to change your gamertag, it is due to the reason that your current gamertag is against policy (For example, it may be classed as offensive) And until this change has been made, you will be unable to access XboxLIVE on that profile!

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A simple google search of the second word in the tag will give you a hint as to why it was given an FNC. You can post in the suspension forum for an official response from the enforcement team but the chances of them overturning their decision are slim.

-

Be sure you read over the Code of Conduct before choosing the next tag. If you continue to create offensive tags you could be at risk for a permanent suspension.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

A simple google search will show you that the word is a spelling variation on a word that is a slur to some and a term of respect to others. There's a lot of gray area where people who don't know your motives in using it could be offended, especially considering the word you've placed before it, but I do see how if that were a title which you have earned in your religion, then it is very racially/religiously insensitive/offensive of MS to say that it is offensive.

Sorry this didn't help.

DarkLink 900 explained it nicely. The XBLET is always keeping an eye on the community!

And to add on to what was said (although we were obviously able to help you here since it was pretty straightforward), this forum allows you to get an official response from the Xbox Live Enforcement Team. Its very definition is "Inquiries about temporary and permanent account suspensions, forced Gamertag changes, and Gamerscore resets." So go there in the future if you ever have any questions. They're always on it, and seem quick to respond. (although if what you did goes against the community guidelines, there's usually not very much they'll do)

Anyway, happy gaming! Hope you changed that gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.