Forced Name Change

Hello, I was told by support to post here. My gamertag was deemed inappropriate and was changed by enforcement. I'm requesting my gamertag be changed to QueerPioneer. Just to confirm, this is not a form of gay bashing. I am, in fact, *** and proud. Thank you.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You've been told to post in the wrong place, not a surprise from Support, as the Enforcement Team will not see your message here.

The board you need to post on is this one forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx. It is where the Enforcement Team view all posts.

Bear in mind that board is moderated, so your message wont show up straight away.

The word "***" is not an acceptable phrase for what you are trying to portray.

Only certain words are acceptable, and are outlined in the terms of use.

Edit: see its been removed from my post too, so its not allowed on the forums either.

The term is a derogatory term and is quite inapropriate to use in a gamertag. If your previous gamertag was found to be offensive the enforcement term now issue a randomly generated gamertag to your account and if you want to change it to something else you will need to pay

The words acceptable are actually outlined in the Code of Conduct www.xbox.com/.../codeofconduct.

Also remember that it isn't just the Enforcement Team now who can issue FNCs.

If enough members of Enforcement United, a volunteer group of Ambassadors, agree that a tag is offensive then a FNC can be issued automatically, all without any input from the Enforcement Team.

Thanks, voteDC!

THEOWENKILLER, that sounds silly, but thank you for the explanation! :)

Viral Cyrix, it actually hasn't been for quite some time. It's what one of the Q's in LGBTQQ stands for. I understand what you're saying though. I guess Microsoft is a little behind on the (social) times. Also, thanks for informing me that I have to pay. Not what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is!

Expression of Relationship Orientation

You may use the following terms to express your relationship orientation or gender identity in your profile or Gamertag:

Lesbian

Gay

Bi

Transgender

Straight

Other terms regarding relationship orientation are not allowed. In addition, you may not use these terms in a negative or inflammatory fashion or use them in reference to a third party.

Since we've got this one ironed out, I'm going to lock it up. Thanks everyone for your help. :)

-Jim