Forced Live Connect

Hello,

I live in Romania and I got an Xbox 360 Slim a year ago. Recently I bought Kinect Sports Season 2 dvd and had some trouble using the voice commands.So, I installed the latest update - 2.0.14719.0. I installed it only for the "Fixes voice recognition issues for non-English user" update detail. While the update helped with the voice issues, I noticed that everytime I login to my usual offline account I get an error message saying I can't connect to Live and asks if I wan't to check my connection. I have to select "No" and only then I can use my offline account.

I would like to mention that Xbox Live is not supported in Romania although Xbox 360 consoles are heavily promoted in my country and you can find them in every decent electronics store with full Microsoft warranty. 

I never used the online features and probably never will. I only buy original dvd's and play the games offline.

Is there any way to stop the console from forcing me to connect to Live on everytime I log in to my offline account? Are there any settings that can stop this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

You have to select  "No" and only then you can use your off-line account. The thing is when the off-line account haves no WLI there is nothing you have to do but when its attached you have to press the "no" all the time. There is nothing else you can do then learn to live with it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What is WLI?

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume he means Windows Live ID when he wrote "WLI"

Sorry this didn't help.

II have not attached a windows live ID to my offline account. How culd I attach an account when my console was never ever  connected to the internet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lexfinn, I don't believe there is away around this messaging.

Sorry this didn't help.

Of course there is a way: a new update to correct this. That would be a good and fair way for Microsoft to show  it does acknowledge honest paying offline users who live in non-supported countries for Xbox Live or do not have an internet connection. Are there any official Xbox  support forum members on this site? Or am I supposed to realize that all I'm going to get on this topic are answers that pretty much say : "deal with it!"

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Kleo  is official support.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="lexxfinn"]

who live in non-supported countries for Xbox Live

[/quote]

When you live in a non-supported region that is the risk you take. As stated above there is no recourse for this issue in your current location. And just an FYI, it is not MS whom determines where their service is allowed, that is up to international, licensing, copyright, local and government laws, even the almighty MS has to abide by those.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]When you live in a non-supported region that is the risk you take. As stated above there is no recourse for this issue in your current location. And just an FYI, it is not MS whom determines where their service is allowed, that is up to international, licensing, copyright, local and government laws, even the almighty MS has to abide by those.[/quote]

Such laws are common in all of the European Union and I am absolutely sure it's not a question of international or national law -  not to happy with this undocumented answer.  As I think about it,  it doesn't even matter if Xbox Live is supported or not. Buying and using a Xbox 360 console does't mean it's mandatory to use Xbox Live - it's every user's choice to do so or not - so having to see this annoying error message each and every boot is, as you put it, a risk for each and every Xbox 360 user.

Again, please stop with the "deal with it " answers.

I would like an answer from an official Xbox support forum user : why are offline users neglected in this matter? Is this an issue which you'll take into consideration on future xbox software updates?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Lexfinn, as has been mentioned above I am official Xbox forum support, this is denoted by the "S" level on my gamercard. By no means do we want you or any offline users to feel neglected! It is of course not mandatory to use the LIVE service, that is each users choice. If you would like, you can uninstall the recent update that prompted this message to populate. You can do this by taking the following steps: System Settings > Memory > Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X > Yes. I appreciate your feedback on this functionality, in future if you would like to provide feedback we do have a wishlist and feedback forum for this purpose. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.