forced gamertag change

to whom it may concern,

ive had the same gamertag D0 M3 H4RD3R for a solid four years, and today when i go to sign on its telling me to change my gamertag. I play all my games on the hardest difficultly possible gow 1, 2, and 3 insane mow2 blackops and mow3 (was working on) veteran and all of the halo saga legendary. why after four and a half faithful years to xboxlive are they making me change my gamertag? i cannot believe that im being told to change my gamertag after nearly five years i was 16 when i created this account im 21 now how come just now someone thinks this is suggestive, the only thing that my gamertag suggests to me is a way of thinking give me everything you have play hard and ill play harder, ill give you 110% and i exspect the same so D0 M3 H4RD3R to take my gamertag out of context just shows how immature some people are...  ive been told that my gamertag has a double meaning and proably offended someone, it offends me that someone would even think i created this gamertag for such a reason, and to force someone to change their gamertag bc of double meanings is ridiculous, if thats the case why not make evryone who has a gamertag with a 6 and a 9 consecutivly change their gamertag thats suggestive isn't it? where is the line drawn why did someone decide to draw it in front of my gamertag more importantly why if it is so sugestive did it take nearly five years for someone to say something? ive grownup with this gamertag it is special to me that may sound stupid, but u try going half a decade with the same name then have someone tell u to change it bc it offends someone who doesnt even know you... i want to know who i can talk too to resovle this issue, this means alot to me...

sincerely, jacob taylor

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately, any action that the security team decides to take is final. However, if I am not mistaken, all that must be changed is your gamertag. You will still keep your achievements and stats.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want an official answer you'll need to post here - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

With forced name changes you may have the name for years because nobody ever filed a complaint. As soon as someone files a complaint it goes directly to the enforcement team who determines if it's against the rules or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.