Forced gamertag change.

I have spoken to one of your online support agents this afternoon in regards to a forced gamertag change. He/she has requested that i contact you about it as i feel harrassed

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

I'm facing a similar situation; I've started my own thread about it. My gamertag was automatically changed because my real first name was added to the list of offensive terms.

What really bother me is that exceptions have been made to the need to pay the fee in past cases: kotaku.com/.../gamers-last-name-deemed-obscene-by-xbox-live-cops

I used my gamertag completely without incident; the automatic change did not occur because of user complaints, but rather because of my name being added to the banned terms list. My user account records show that the term in question is my real first name; there's no problem about the financial end of the system using the term in question to send charges to the institutions with which I do my banking.

Customer service has told me there is no way to have the fee waived. I spoke on the phone to a customer service floor manager, who told me that the only course of action available to is to send a physical letter to Microsoft headquarters. I was given the address to use (1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA).

XBLEnforcement responded to my inquiry to confirm why my gamertag was changed, but does not respond to my inquiries concerning a waiver of the gamertag change fee.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Anything to do with billing (ie. fees, etc) must be taken up via phone support.  No one else will be able to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.