Forced Gamertag change?

Hi, today when I got on my Xbox I had to re-download my account and when  I did I had a new Gamertag. My previous one might have been found offensive, although I had recived no email from the Enforcement Team to change it or anything, I don't understand why it was forcefully changed when I received  no warning, All I would like to do is be able to change it without having to pay for it. It is ridicules to me to have to pay for something when I was never given the opportunity to change it from Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

When you receive a forced name change they do no send you an email. They just change the name. The warning you receive is the code of conduct you agree to when you create your account. You will have to pay to change your name to something else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You did have a warning.It was in the code of conduct you agreed to when you started your account.

Either way,you would have to pay for a gamertag change.You only get a free change when you first start your account if you change it from a generated tag to a personal one.Other than that there are no free gamertag changes,even when you get a forced name change.

:Ninja'd

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.