Forced gamertag change

I have had my gamertag getsomeho1320 for over 12 years and have recently been forced to change it 3 times already. I don't feel that my gamertag was forced to be changed because of the tag itself, I'm never offensive online and I treat each player with the utmost respect. I really feel that the problem is occuring because I recently purchased a new xbox for my bedroom and have been using my profile on two seperate consoles, of course never at the same time. I always completely log off of one and then go to the other. With that said why allow anybody to load their profile on another console if they are only going to be forced to change their gamertag. I would truly love to have my original gamertag back! If you could please help me with this I would gladly appreciate it, I have already called and contacted support in this matter and they feel the same way I do and have asked to go this route to help solve my problem. Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 113 Applies to:

Xbox live service is a little under 10yrs old.

Just so happens it was reported and now you have a FNC.

The account can become Ban for multiple FNC.

So really think out that next change b.c it might be your last.

If it was the same GT for X years; what did the 3 prior FNC not take effect?

Were you able to win on further investigation?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote]

Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities.

[/quote]

You should post in the suspension forum if you want an official answer from the XBLPET. But it is most likely due to the sexual reference in the tag. If you continue to create GTs that are offensive you are likely to receive a perma ban. Keep it clean.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah the part without the numbers is the reason why it got the forced name change, just making another tag with the same profane phrase but with different numbers will still get it changed.  and if you get too many forced name changes you will get perm banned and loose everything.  just be smart and make your tag rated E for everyone and you will not have any problems.  oh and LIVE has only been around 10 years this fall I believe not, 12.

Sorry this didn't help.

How have you had it for 12 years when XBOX Live hasn't been around that long?

Sorry this didn't help.

It matters not how long you have had the offensive content but rather that the content is offensive. It clearly violates the XBL Code of Conduct. Just an fyi, MS will only allow an 'x' amount of FNC's before they make the decision to permanently ban the account from their service. Honestly, does anyone really need more than one chance to correct something they should have already known if they had just simply read the contracts they were agreeing to? With that said MS really isn't obligated to give anyone a second chance since they clearly give a warning in their Code of Conduct, just because people don't read it doesn't mean it doesn't apply..

Sorry this didn't help.