forced Gamer tag change

I want to appeal a gamer tag forced change but don't know how. I have done nothing wrong or anything offensive therefore should not be forced to change my gamer tag. I have had this gamer tag since 2006 so its a bit ridiculous to have to change it now. I called support and they said its usually because it was reported as offensive. I said i wanted to argue the offensiveness of the gamer tag and they told me to post her so that department could address my concerns.

here is my concern I could have a normal gamer tag that is not offensive and be forced to have it changed because some one did, or someone who didn't like me wanted to report it as such just to be a ***.

for example the word bunny seems to be be harmless, and a good gamer tag. However this can be very offensive here is what urban dict has to say about the meaning of the word.I will give the definition number so you can fact check me.

#3 a male that enjoys having *** multiple times a day. 

#4 an often young, but not exclusively, male who's so inexperienced or so under endowed that his thrusting pace during sexual **** mimics that of a rabbits during ****.

#7 an online gamer, who during firefights, jumps repeatedly to make themselves more difficult to shoot.  ( i thought this one was funny )

so as you see us as human beings can make any word into some thing that can be construed as offensive or dirty. My gamer tag (**** thief) may have a few other ways it could be interpreted but that does not mean I should be forced to change it. The offensive nature of any misconstrued idea of what **** means is adult in nature and therefore not offensive to kids as they don't know what it would mean. The problem comes in when a Adult thinks my tag means some thing it does not. my gamer tag means i steal wood. Yes wood as in the tree. Lets educate the Ignorant here a moment.

the **** tree is another name for a plant by the proper name of calophyllaceae. The generic name is derived from the greek word kalos, meaning beautiful and phullon meaning leaf.

Its common names and locations are:

teitai in Kiribati

feta'u in Tonga

Bintangur or nyamplung in Indonesia

Bintangor tree in Malaysia

**** Tree in India

the wood of these trees is used in boat making for mast and spars. it is also used in luxury furniture.it also has medical uses for HIV or aids.

so **** thief doesn't seem so offensive when taken in its proper context. I cant be responsible for how some dirty minded or immature adult takes my gamer tag whether it is **** thief or bunny. therefore i should not be forced to change a gamer tag I have held for 6 years. there will always be some one who complains about something. However at face value these are true.

The gamer tag is a real thing, it does exist.

There are no cuss words or dirty words that would be offensive to children in the name.

I have held this for 6 years.

there is no reason i should have to change this, therefore i wish to be allowed to keep it.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

please post here

please note that regardless how long you had it

when a gamertag is reported it is reviewed then not 6 years ago

it would be because you were never reported till now

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regardless of what that word means in  Indonesian, Malaysian, Togan, Indian, etc.  In English that word is a colloquialism for an intimate part of the female anatomy.  Something I actually think you know already.  That is why it is in violation.

Also, I find it extremely difficult to believe that you would want to call yourself "Tree" Thief.  Accept the name change, and find a name less controversial.

Sorry this didn't help.

so how many people need to report a name before it has to be changed?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just one complaint. I honestly think you knew what it meant and that you're trying to come up with a bunch of reasons as to why it's not offensive, which is just wrong, if it's a bad word in English, it's bad and there's no way to avoid the forced change.

Sorry this didn't help.

It takes One Complaint, Then Support Team decides whether or not it's offensive

Sorry this didn't help.