For those with disconnection problems

Hello everybody. It seems like many people are having disconnection issues on Xbox Live within the past few months. I have been one of those people with the same exact issue. I can connect but then always get disconnected after about 5 minutes. So just now I went messing around with some settings and it seems I fixed my problem. Most people on here suggest messing with your router or changing your NAT settings. I did neither of those things and mine is now working. So I'm assuming the issue has nothing to do with our connections. Here are a few things I did to get mine to work. I don't know if it was one of these things, a combo of these things, or was random and had nothing to do with any of them. 1. I ran Initial Setup under settings. 2. I changed my privacy settings from Custom to Adult. 3. I set a password for my profile. Now every time I sign into my gamertag, I must use a pass code. 4. Cleared system cache. Again, not sure which of those helped but hopefully this will help a few people out. Good luck. I have now been connected for about 30 minutes with no problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Oh also I still have a moderate NAT. That doesn't seem to be a problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.