For the last year or two my xbox has been disconnecting every one to two hours

I live in Michigan, USA

Mode: Cisco DPC3008 (given to me by charter cable provider) (brand new, replaced older one to try to fix this issue)

Router brand & model number: Belkin N750 DB dual band N+, model: F9k1110V1 ($95 router, a year old, bought to try to fix this issue that was just starting to happen) 

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?: No, I have the issue with two xbox 360's, one in my living room upstairs which is connected with an ethernet cable to my router (black elite 360)  (modem and router are upstairs) and one in my bedroom downstairs, which is an xbox slim with built in wifi. 

Things you have tried: Turning off UPnP, Reseting network info to default settings on xbox. Clearing my cache, turning on DMZ for my xbox slim's IP, Turning off DMZ, Changing wifi frequencies, manually opening up Ports, turning off ports after confirming that didn't help. I reset my router's settings to factory settings. Ive called my internet provider and asked for help. They replaced some old wires that had interference and it seemed like it helped for a few extra hours, but now it seems to be happening more often. I tried turning off my wireless turtle beaches to reduce interference which didn't seem to help my xbox from disconnecting. My other internet capable devices such as my laptop and ipod and such have not had any issues with internet dropping.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes. 

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: My NAT type fluctuates from moderate to open. when i restart my router sometimes i still can't get on for a few minutes.

Any Error Codes you encounter: There is an error code that comes up but i havent written them down, I will when i see them and i will add them to this post.

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?: Charter 

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

(This test was when my NAT was Open) (i can do a test when it's moderate if you would like)

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 48E0

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8015 - 100C

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.2.1, 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 8

Thanks for taking the time to help me, if i could get this fixed id happily pay for it! But not really, haha. But it would change my xbox experience 100%!!!!

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2018 Views 46 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry for so much text, i just want to give as much detail as possible. As i mentioned before. I have 2 xbox 360's in my home. The one upstairs is the family one where we watch netflix, but personally i just want the xbox slim downstairs to work continuously. I game very often and watch netflix with friends and my girlfriend. IT gets annoying to get kicked out of a game or movie/ Tv show.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I now you have a transient NAT setting - I would suggest assigning a static IP address to each Xbox under the 'Configure Network' - instead of using automatic select manual.

IP Address 192.168.1.117 or any number within limits (this is my config)

Subnet Mask: Copy this from 'automatic' config - presumably 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.2.1

After completing this enter your router setup and forward ports accordingly to IP address used in manual settings according to this post: forums.xbox.com/.../157383.aspx

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

alright i'll see if it works, thanks! (however does the one with the ethernet cord need it's own ip?)

Sorry this didn't help.

The error i get is 8015190E

Sorry this didn't help.

I set my static ip to what you said however my router would only allow .2 instead of .1, if that makes a difference, so i used 192.168.2.117 instead. I connected to live, now i must wait to see the results on my next gaming session.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings SW33T!

Since you have multiple xboxes, you can't manually forward network ports (Port Forwarding/Virtual Server) used by Xbox LIVE. This will break the fundamental rule of address and port negotiation. This will definitely cause port competition over 3074 and with only one lucky winner.

This will only work with the help of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) implemantation. Now, not all NAT devices implement UPnP properly, so it has to be a well-behaved NAT device and firmware version tuple.

Both consoles network settings should be set to obtain IP and DNS automatic.

Make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is turned on. Turn off/disable Port Forwarding and or DMZ (if this feature is enabled).

Visit Belkin website and make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware.

Keep us posted! 

Sorry this didn't help.

My router's UPnP has always been on, and my port forwarding and DMZ have been off, and my firmware (according to the router's settings) is up to date. I dont see anywhere on belkin's website for firmware updates for my router device, nor any devices.

Sorry this didn't help.

So you think i need a different router? one that supports 2 xboxes?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SW33T,

You are correct, the Belkin F9k1110 is confirmed to not support multiple consoles.

If you're wanting to play with both of your consoles on the same network, you will definitely want to look into getting a new router.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, i just figured the same thing out as well. Does anyone have any good suggestions/ place to order a router that is good with multiple consoles? Im just sick of my xboxs disconnecting every 2 hours because of NAT types switching. I prefer not to look up random routers from the xbox forums, and googling "multiple console supported routers" isn't helping me much.

Sorry this didn't help.