Flash Drive trouble

I've recently been saving my "old" games in a Flash drive so I could play the GTA V on my xbox 360, at first it seemed to go well. But after yesterday, I just wanted to check some cars in Forza Motorsport 4 and it started over completely. 

Until recently I could see that the Flash drive had the saved content in it because you could see the size(I put it in my computer to see it) but now it doesn't even show anything like that anymore,  it's just completely gone, it's been doing so this whole morning, it's been going back and fourth but now it just wont show. Is there anything that I can do that I haven't already done because I seriuosly am very very angry atm because of what took place.

If anyone knows something that could come in handy for me right now, feel free to help me out, I really, really don't want to lose my accomplishment especially not in Forza 4. 

Thankful for any help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear of the problems.  Unfortunately if the console isn't recognizing the flash drive there's not much you can do about it except reformat the drive on the PC before using it on the console to prevent loss of data in the future.

I would recommend putting your saves on the Cloud in the future to prevent this from happening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The real problem is the built in security feature of FORZA.

FORZA is one of those games that is heavily managed by the creators (Turn10) in order to give all the players the best experience....and to prevent any cheating or exploits.

FORZA is one of those rare games that have locked files. Whatever device you used to create your file better be the one you plan on using forever. This is the reason why the game file cant be copied from HDD to USB.

The real problem is that even though the file is locked and cant be copied, the dashboard still lets you move the file.

Once the file is moved, it is instantly marked as "Tampered" (especially since you also viewed your data on your PC) since that's what people were doing a lot on FORZA 2 in order to give their cars to a friend, import their copied save file and still have all their cars, retrieve the cars from their friend and sell all the doubles.

The safest way to move your file would've been through the CLOUD...but truthfully, that wouldn't be 100% since people who used CLOUD on the official FORZA forums are split into 2 groups. People who moved to CLOUD without any problems and PEOPLE who moved to CLOUD and had their files considered "Tampered"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.