Fixed issue with logging in to Xbox Live after update.

Hi, thought I'd add a quick message here as I seem to have fixed the login problem (at least for me) that a lot of people are having after the recent update.

In settings > system > storage > hard drive > gamer profiles, when I checked my profile it said it was corrupted. Once I deleted this in full, and then downloaded it again from the internet, I'm having no problems logging in to xbox live.

Do have to say it was a waste of my morning having to deal with this. Microsoft you'd assume are the experts, so should be providing resolutions to these issues (and ideally testing updates thoroughly before releasing them).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

well it not working for the rest of us. im glad it worked for you unfortunatly when i did the same thing looking for a fix it still wouldnt update and now cannot recover gamertag. good luck to the rest of you and your so right on about MS

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure if you follow the steps that Joshe79 posted that you delete profile only. Also try to clear your system cache and then try to update again it might help. If you are not sure how to clear the system cache please see the steps below.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

Why did the update work for a lot of people besides us?? If I went out and bought a new xbox, would the update work for me?

Sorry this didn't help.