Fix For Rattling Xbox One Controller/Stuck Triggers

Hello,

I too have had the problem with my Xbox One controller (it seems like a defect) where the triggers will get stuck and/or there will be something rattling around inside the controller that you can hear. I fixed it by popping off the side of the controller using my fingernail in the seam, and then shaking it. If you do that,  a tiny piece of grey plastic will come out. This is what is getting stuck in the triggers. Now my controller works great! If you are having this problem definitely give this a try. Afterwards, just pop the side piece back on and you should be good to go.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,636 Applies to:

Same thing happened to me, on day one of ownership.  Same little grey piece of plastic. has a little half circle in the middle. looks like a clip maybe to support a axis on one of the trigger vibration motors?  Would love to know what it went to, and how to put it back in...  Some one tell us!  I don't wanna peal of the sticker to unscrew it since its brand new.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there PromegaBot!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue.  If you are still experiencing this issue with your controller, I recommend having your controller repaired through our Online Service Center or by reaching out to support on our contact us page. In order to prevent your warranty from becoming void I recommend not making any self-repairs to your Xbox One console or accessories.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same I  have the same bloody issue but the  first time it happened I lost my game play Audio

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the exact same thing my triggers get stuck, the rattle, and like someone below it messes up my microphone. THANKS so much i hate this so much so i have to use my brothers controller and i was just about to get a new one thanks for sharing you problem and the solution that was very helpful. i will do it right now

Sorry this didn't help.

I just did mine and for some reason i had 2 pieces on on each side and they were the exact opposite of each other. here they are and sry for bad quality

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there PromegaBot!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue.  If you are still experiencing this issue with your controller, I recommend having your controller repaired through our Online Service Center or by reaching out to support on our contact us page. In order to prevent your warranty from becoming void I recommend not making any self-repairs to your Xbox One console or accessories.

I tried the online service centre putting my serial number in and it's saying it's invalid 

Sorry this didn't help.