Fix corrupted xbox usb

I was playing batman on my xbox last night. This morning i turned my xbox back on and noticed that my profile wasn't there. I then went into system tools and storage, and it says the usb is not formatted for the xbox. And when i plug into a pc it says it is not formatted for the pc. I didn't have a split memory for pc and xbox. Does anyone know to how fix it??

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There really isn't a fix besides recreating the paritions on the device (reformatting).  Since this happened once I wouldn't recommend using this device going forward for anything important as I would always worry about it happening again - causing more game save loss.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. My main worry is the saved games. I am currently over 75% on batman and don't really want to lose it (gamertag recovery doesn't get saved games does it [the cloud gamertag storage should be released]?). Can i reformat without losing data?

Sorry this didn't help.

nope you cant reformat with loosing everything. Maybe try it in a friends xbox and see if it works. If it does transfere you saves etc to their xbox format your pen drive or buy a new one and transfer them back

Sorry this didn't help.