First post, couple of questions

As anyone played the F1 game? I'm very impressed, awesome game

Just a couple of q's re DRS (Drag Reduction System)

1, As far as i was aware you can use DRS at ANY point during qualifying but im sure i was trying to qualify and it wouldnt let me use it, anyone else had this?

2, DRS can also be used in designated areas in the race if you are within 1 sec of the car in front. Now I had a car behind me and it let me use DRS? It is only meant for the chasing car and not the car in front. Again as anyone else had this?

Are these just a couple of glitches?

If anyone is remotely interested in F1 I would definitely recommend this game

Thanks in advance

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="DRChavSlayer666"]

As anyone played the F1 game? I'm very impressed, awesome game

Just a couple of q's re DRS (Drag Reduction System)

1, As far as i was aware you can use DRS at ANY point during qualifying but im sure i was trying to qualify and it wouldnt let me use it, anyone else had this?

2, DRS can also be used in designated areas in the race if you are within 1 sec of the car in front. Now I had a car behind me and it let me use DRS? It is only meant for the chasing car and not the car in front. Again as anyone else had this?

Are these just a couple of glitches?

If anyone is remotely interested in F1 I would definitely recommend this game

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

First off welcome to the forums,

1. Do you have failures/damage turned on? If so it could be that you had a DRS failure as I have had that a few times.

2. If you were lapping a car & were within 1 second when you crossed the DRS detection point you would gain the use of the DRS or if it was a track with 2 DRS zones (Valencia being one) then if you had DRS for the 1st sector then you would automatically get it for the 2nd sector even if you were nowhere near any other cars.

Having said that there are a few strange glitches with F1 '11 so they both could just be that!!

Thanks for your response

1, Yeah I do have that turned on. Ah it could be that then! :o). Would your pit man say that on your radio though? He never mentioned it being broken

2, I wasnt lapping but your second suggestion sounds more like it could be it. I never knew that to be the case! (that you would automatically get it in both sectors) I like F1 but not an obsessive fan so im unclear on all the rules etc. This game is awesome though really like it

Cheers

As far as I can remember he says something along the lines of "we have a problem with DRS, we're trying to fix it"  though sometimes the engineer doesn't tell you everything.

I agree that it is a very good game although i am somewhat biased as i'm an F1 nut!!

You can't use DRS if the track is wet? Maybe that is why it wouldn't let you use it during Quali?

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

You can't use DRS if the track is wet? Maybe that is why it wouldn't let you use it during Quali?

[/quote]

Good call, It could very well be that.

Thats it mate! Nice one, it was wet, it was the British Grand Prix so that figures!

Thanks for your help guys

Thats it mate! Nice one, it was wet, it was the British Grand Prix so that figures!

Thanks for your help guys

[/quote]

Well done Primo!!

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

Are they the rules in real life as well then Artful COdger? The DRS being activated in both zones if you're within a second on the first sector and not within a sec on the second sector? It is still activated even if there are no cars around on the second sector?

Are they the rules in real life as well then Artful COdger? The DRS being activated in both zones if you're within a second on the first sector and not within a sec on the second sector? It is still activated even if there are no cars around on the second sector?

[/quote]

I would assume so mate, I know on every track that has a double DRS zone in the game if i've had it in zone 1 i also had it in zone 2 when sometimes i was completely on my own on track.