First country to get the X1!

Here in New Zealand there are some distinct benefits to being down at the far end of the globe, especially when it comes to timezones and launch dates - I've already booked the day off work, so I'll be at the midnight launch, roll on sunrise where it'll be toasty warm (Will be summer here) all set for a day of playing!

Unless Antarctica gets a special delivery, but I'd wager their internet connection might be a touch laggy...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yeah true, since NZ is ahead time wise with Australia, US, and UK. Xbox One will release 22 November according to Microsoft. Not just 22 November US time. Some parts of Australia are like only 2 hours behind New Zealand, which include NSW and Melbourne. However.... Voice control will not be available at launch for NZ AND Australia. I hope they get this sorted out and available not long after launch. And retailers over here usually have big summer holiday sales over December January period but if I like the console enough, I'll get it not long after launch :D

They posted a release the other day announcing that there will be voice control for us, with the exception of the 'Xbox on' voice command.

Plus over here at least (I would hazard Aus will get it too) they've also said Fifa is going to be a free download for our launch consoles (Not that I'll bother downloading it)

Hey Monster, do you have a link to that?

All I've seen on this Forum is that Voice Control will only be available at launch, for like 5 countries, because Australian and NZ accents are hard to translate for voice recognition. Many US pp I've played with say I have a British accent which is what many NZ/Aussie pp get referred to as having.

Lets see if I still remember how to hotlink on the forum :-)

linky

The update was on the 30th.

Yeyah! Kiwi's first, all be it by only a matter of hours, I'll be taking time off work to

What game(s) are you getting for launch? COD:Ghosts for me - should make for interesting lobby chat for the first few hours until the rest of the world starts to jump on!

Forza 5 first and foremost! And BF4, still thinking about NBA Live and Assassins Creed as digital download, probably get COD a bit later. Looking forward to The Division and Destiny next year!

[quote user="Monsterbishi"]

Here in New Zealand there are some distinct benefits to being down at the far end of the globe, especially when it comes to timezones and launch dates - I've already booked the day off work, so I'll be at the midnight launch, roll on sunrise where it'll be toasty warm (Will be summer here) all set for a day of playing!

Unless Antarctica gets a special delivery, but I'd wager their internet connection might be a touch laggy...

[/quote]

Off topic but you are a Founding member – Poster was a contributor to the old Xbox.com forums.

Please can we go back to the old way these new forums are rubbish.

He is right, New Zealand will be the FIRST country Xbox One will be released in, since the country is ahead time wise with Australia (roughly 2 hours behind, I have Australian Xbox friends and they're 2 hours behind me), and UK/US.