First connection, now 800704DC

Last night (June 6) i was on xbox live playing minecraft like normal, then i had to go run an errand so i turned off the xbox, left, and as i came back and turned on the xbox, it only "signed in" and not to xbox live. okay, so i went to connect to live under this gamertag, which is my main profile, and it gave me the "an error occured" notice to test my connection, well as i tested the connection, it said everything was up and running so i went to sign in. same problem. so i did what the microsoft tech told me to last time, (after i reset/unplugged modem and router) and cleared my cache and redownload my profile. so when it pun me on the Welcome xI GoT xScarzZ screen, the loading bar reached approx. 15% and then it gave me error code 800704DC - "Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later." Well great, i would try so troubleshoot my connection for the fifteenth time if i had a profile now! Looks like im between a rock and a hard place... Any insight as how i could go about fixing this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

disregard date, typo, supposed to be the 10th

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, have you tried re-downloading today? Everything on Xbox LIVE seems to be up and running according to this.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes, like 5 times, it takes the windows live id, and password, then says welcome on the loading screen, loads about 10-20% and gives the error code

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey xI GoT xScarzZ! I would be curious to see if you receive the same error trying to download your profile on an alternate console (such as a friends), if you can would you give this a try? Another good step to try would be to change your profile password: account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx as this error can mean that your information (WLID, password, etc.) isn't matching up. Give that a go and don't hesitate to report back on the results! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

alright, i tried resetting the password,  same result: error code 800704DC... i wont be able to try at a friends house for a few days at the least, seeing as how I'M the unemployed one of my friends.

Sorry this didn't help.

okay, so now i know its only this profile thats giving me trouble because my old profile downloads fine with ease... so what could cause problems with only this profile? im not suspended or banned from what i can tell.

Sorry this didn't help.

EDIT: and now its telling me on the Xbox.com site that i don't have a gold membership when i just bought a 12 month from gamestop about a month ago.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey xI GoT xScarzZ! It actually looks like you don't currently have a Gold subscription. Would you mind going to https://billing.microsoft.com to review your account. Make sure to check on that subscription specifically but also take a look at all billing activity to make sure there are no notes or unexplained activity. Let me know once you've done that! Thanks xI GoT xScarzZ. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

it shows that my gold was canceled on the 11th of june when i bought it and activated it march 24th. i personally havent cancelled anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be able to see that a 12-Month Gold Subscription was started on March in your billing statement, if it is showing up there and then it shows that it was canceled on June 11th then you'll need to contact phone support and speak with customer support to figure out why the subscription canceled itself.

As far as the issue with the profile download giving you a 800704DC error, have you checked your storage device to make sure that there isn't a corrupt profile on your console already?

You can do this by going to your XBOX 360 Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Gamer Profiles > See if anything in that folder is showing up with a corrupted or yellow exclamation mark. If it is, delete the profile only and NOT profile plus items. Then try to download the profile again by pushing the middle button on your XBOX 360 controller and selecting Download Profile, follow the on screen instructions and see if you are able to download your profile successfully.

Sorry this didn't help.