Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games

Would anyone else be in favor or think that xbox one will come out with a way for you to be able to play many of your disc based games without the disc. If you have an X1 by  now you have proble realized that it was desinged to be able to easily switch between games and other fuctions but unless you buy all your games as digital you dont have this option an lose the ability to trade them in which is a big part of my gaming. But what if there was an external disc reader attached to the X1 through usb this could also contain extra harddrive space to as well. All this reader would have to do is hold 3 to 5 games and do nothing but check to see that you have the disc, thus giving you the rights to play it. The games would be installed completly on the X1 harddrive and would allow you to instantly switch between games. All you would have to do is when purchased place the disc in the xbox one and install it. You could then leave it in the X1 untill buy a new game and then transfer it to the add on disc drive. Anyone want to see this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They could do it but it need some sort of DRM. Which is what they originally had in mind until everyone complained. That's why I never had a problem with there original vision.

This has to be a joke right?

Why does it have to be a joke. Why cant i just want to be able to keep the few games i play all the time in the X1 to not have to worry about always changing the game when a friend comes online and wants to play COD and im playing madden. Why cant it just work like old CD players that hold multi discs.

Its a joke because you should have voiced your opinion in June of 2013. Maybe if you had things wouldnt have changed. Thanks for the 1 star by the way

Haha. You tell him mate. Everyone complained about the way it was going to be and now we have to suffer for it. And the funny thing is. I bet most peoples x1s have been online the whole time anyway. So what would have been the difference?

Well in June my opinion was that i'm going to buy an X1 and download all my games because trading them in would not be an option and i was just fine with that. My opinion now is that if i have to option to trade in games why wouldnt i want to do that and have the very limited inconvinece of having to change games by swapping discs not a big deal to me really. But what i was asking is why cant they just make an add on reader that would give us the best of both being able to trade in games when we like and play them in a more conveinent manner.

Oh so you want to spend more money. I guess it doesn't bother me as I never trade games in. I still have launch title form the 360 that I play and anything I didn't play anymore I give them away to friends, family or I even gave a bunch to the Salvation Army store down the road. For the measly $5 to $10 dollars that you get for them I don't see the point. I gave at least 10 360 games to a friend at Christmas because he bought his son a 360 and being a young family there wasn't much money left for games. I felt a lot better helping them out than getting the small amount I would have got for them.  

Strange as it sounds i with you on giving games away as i have done it before. Also before game stop came around i never use to sell my games which i was i still have sega games laying around. as i get off my point of topic now its not the trade money i get that i like about used but its the money i save when i buy games that have been out for a while or when i hit up the buy 2 get 1 free used game sale.

Its really simple,you get up off ya butt and put a disk into the xbox one and then when finished playing that game,you eject the disk and repeat the process.AND NEXT TIME MICROSOFT HAVE AN AWESOME IDEA,LET THEM MAKE IT REALITY. :)

It's a hard thing with the whole disc thing. Without some form of drm it can't work and I think most people would be unwilling to pay the extra money to have a separate disc reader. It's a hard subject. Me personally, if I had better internet I would have went all digital so I didn't have to worry bout discs at all.