FIFA/EA Hack

Just adding my name to the growing list of XBL customers that have had their account hacked.  Unfortunately, I had no idea anything like this was even going on until I got an email saying that a purchase of 4000 MS points didn't go through.  I checked my account and sure enough the 1600 points my wife bought me over Christmas had been used on some FIFA junk.  I used the customer support system to request a rep call me, which they did promptly.  They verified my information and could see the purchases, shut down my account and said it would take 2-3 weeks to resolve the problem but that I would get the points back and be compensated for the time that I couldn't play online.  I also get a temporary account.  I guess the good thing is that hackers didn't change any of my information or passwords.  I'm also lucky in that the card I'm using didn't have any cash on it but my question is do I need to cancel that card?  Are the hackers capable of seeing all of the card information or is most of it blocked out?  I'm also concerned that someone's got my name, address, and phone numbers but I guess that could be looked up a number of other ways too.  I already changed my XBL password and dumped the EA account (where they got the XBL information from).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you get a phone call from your power company requesting confirmation of disconnection of service because some kid with your information who has Dox'd you and decides to play a prank on you by pretending to be you, your concern will more than justified.  You should be concerned.  It's what happened to me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Man, that really sucks.  There's potential there for a lot of variations of harrassment (phone calls, credit card applications, utilities, harmful mail).  If you're in the US, you can alert the three major credit companies (Equifax, Esperian, Transunion) and they will put a fraud alert on your information.  What this does is anytime someone tries to open an account with your information, they'll call your cell or whatever phone number you have to confirm it first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, believe you me... fully aware of all that.  But beneficial for others I suppose.

Sorry this didn't help.