FIFA12 controls

So I found that you cannot actually customise your controls properly in FIFA12? When you change your buttons for Attack it will automatically switch the same buttons for Defend. This is a horrible oversight and a massive negative for me personally, especially in a game that allows so much deep customisation. Why on earth was this implemented this way? Is there any fix for this anyone knows of?

Also what difficulty/settings do you have to do the manual controls achievement on? I tried this a for around five games last night upto Pro difficulty and it wouldn't unlock. :/

Are there any forced control settings for online play? If so what are they as I'd rather play with those settings offline to practice. Will I be forced to use Tactical Defending for example?

Any tips for manual shooting? It seems that I can aim the ball straight at goal, in the box, and it still goes well wide. Also how do you keep the ball low when shooting manually (as holding the opposite way you shoot just results in the ball being shot the other way). :/

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you made SURE that EVERY setting is right. I remember doing that achievement on Fifa 11 and i'd missed a setting which i didn't even think would need to be changed. I'll find out on x360a then give it a go myself....haven't done it yet.

[quote user="Naffry"]

Have you made SURE that EVERY setting is right.

[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, yes. There was not one setting set to auto.

I've never noticed that about customising the controls. When I change my defensive controls, the attacking ones don't change? Strange,  maybe I'm doing something different to yourself.

Manual shooting, try using finesse shots, I think they are more likely to be on target.

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

I've never noticed that about customising the controls. When I change my defensive controls, the attacking ones don't change? Strange,  maybe I'm doing something different to yourself.[/quote]

More specifically it was the triggers. When I changed the triggers for Jockeying and Team mate contain, it changed the triggers I had set for Pace Control and Finesse.

[quote]Manual shooting, try using finesse shots, I think they are more likely to be on target.[/quote]

I'll try this, thanks.

However I feel that even if not using finesse your shot shouldn't go wildly off target. The shot should go in the direction you are facing on manual. If I'm running right at the goal keeper and shoot then it should technically go right at the goalkeeper, not veer off to the right or left. It's not like I'm wildly blasting them either. Passing feels right on manual, but shooting, it just feels off. :/

I'm sure its the analog sprinting which is confusing. I did it with it set to on/off whichever says the further you move the analog the faster you run, didn't unlock. Then did it with the other setting and it worked. Make sure tactical defending is on aswell.

All My Own Work

Win a Match with Manual Controls (including Tactical Defending)

unlocked on 13/10/201110

10 vs 11

Win from a draw or behind while down a man in a game vs the CPU

unlocked on 13/10/201110

Analogue sprint 'off'. I'll remember that for when I go for this achievement, thanks!

Thanks Naffry I'll try that out later on tonight. Thanks for your input.

Now I just need to work out what settings I originally had to put them back again lol.

Yeah another gripe I have is that there's no default option in regards to control assists. You have to turn off the hospitality settings then delete the personal settings file to get them back to default. :/

I'll just take a risk at choosing the right ones, I cba deleting all settings and what not :P