FIFA 14 is coming to 360 and PS3, but what about Wii U? Rejected.

[quote]The first details on FIFA 14 point to continued refinement of the gameplay in EA Sports' top-selling, critically acclaimed football franchise. But what wasn't announced also is noteworthy.

FIFA 14 is, so far, slated to release for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC—with "additional platforms" to be announced later. That most likely means a PlayStation 4 and new Xbox version at the launch of those consoles, rather than Wii U—a console absent from Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, as well as the upcoming NCAA Football 14 and NHL 14.

For those with the 360, PS3, or PC, the most distinctive all-new feature discussed was a "Global Scouting Network" to assist your career mode club in a year-round search for talent. "Scouts can evaluate footballers all over the world to uncover the attributes and traits of every player in the game, in preparation for the transfer windows," a news release said.

Other bullet points dealt largely with in-game enhancements, such as another upgrade to teammate intelligence and ball physics, ballhandling maneuvers like protecting the ball, sprint dribble turns, and variable touches while dribbling, which brings each player's skill at dribbling and running more into play.

"Pure Shot" is the big sales pitch at this stage, and it promises players will auto-adjust their stride and angle to try to find the best target when shooting on goal. That, combined with new shot animations, are meant to make finishing a more exhilirating experience, properly capping off the tension building up through a scoring opportunity.

A specific release date was not announced but the game typically arrives at the end of September. Eight additional screenshots were released; they are below. For EA Sports' full statement on FIFA 14, see here.

Source: Kotaku [/quote]

Damn Wii U missing out on a huge million sales sport game definitely isn't good news for Nintendo, nor for their Wii U console.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

after ea's warted down version of the last fifa game on the wii u see no point for it anyway

-

No one who bought or will buy a Wii U would have done it to play Fifa on anyway, still...doubt anyone on the Xbox Forums will see it as anything to worry about, considering Fifa is on Xbox

wii u was not made for sports games

Why would this bother an Xbox owner?

[quote]Why would this bother an Xbox owner?[/quote]

Xbox to Wii U future owners knowing that they won't have FIFA on Wii U.

-

There's FIFA 13 on Wii U, but that's about it.

Wii was successful because it brought something new to the table. This console doesnt and its not selling as the kind of people who bought it last time aint console fans as such and aint bought the new one as their happy with the toy they have for family partys etc. This console will go down as one of the biggest fails of all time and hence why so many games are not being produced for this pathetic machine...thats all

My eldest son has spent around £200 on team add-ons etc ect on FIFA 13 which, I am p;ssed off at. But he is a grown man now so my partner and I cant do a thing about it.....So     Imagine how we must be feeling hearing that FIFA 14 is on its way.

Its Battle-Stations in my home!!!

[quote user="x ShaggyDoG x"]

My eldest son has spent around £200 on team add-ons etc ect on FIFA 13 which, I am p;ssed off at. But he is a grown man now so my partner and I cant do a thing about it.....So     Imagine how we must be feeling hearing that FIFA 14 is on its way.

Its Battle-Stations in my home!!!

[/quote]

Whether it's true or not I can't say but there was a gamer on the Football Forums saying he's spent near on £800 on Player Packs etc, to me this is just plain crazy but don't be too harsh on your son ;) 

Around £200 on FIFA 13? Holy crap, what a waste of money. I generally just buy the game itself and that's it. No add-ons.

fifa is out every year so the announcement of 14 should come as no surprise to anyone.