FFS I've tried for an hour to join xbox live with an existing gamertag and I can't figure it out

Every time I try to sign up it signs me off my gamertag. I've gone through 4 different email addresses and it randomly assigns me some stupid gamertag and all I want to do is use an existing gamertag and associate it with a windows live or xbox live account. Can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello, if you have an existing gamertag already associated with a Windows Live ID you'll need to use that e-mail and password to recover the XBOX Live account. You shouldn't have to make a new gamertag at all, if you already have one the only way to get that specific one you're trying to get on the console back is by using the e-mail/password associated with that specific gamertag. Each Windows Live ID can only be associated with one XBOX Live account. If you are trying to recover an account you should be using Account Recovery not signing up for XBOX Live again. It's the regular XBOX Live process to give you a new gamertag when you signup with a new e-mail address not already associated with an XBOX Live account. That randomly generated gamertag can be changed once it's made one time for free.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.