Few Issues: Xbox One is LOUD, Why do I have to always log in to my console and none of my One activity is on my Xbox.com home page...

Hello, lots of issues with the Xbox One I would like help with.

First a little back story. I was a loyal Xbox owner dating back to the original console then got the launch 360 in 2005 and loved it. However, I had bought about 5 consoles over a period of '05-'12 due to a combination of hardware failure and ridiculously unjust bans from getting a game a day or two early from Target or Wallmart. I STILL pre-ordered a Xbox One when it was announced despite the problems Microsoft kept creating for me and then had to cancel it due to all the outrageous restrictions and lack of raw gaming power compared to the PS4. Please, let's not get into a debate about their policies, if they were on the right course they wouldn't have had to reverse them. So then I pre-ordered two PS4's and have been loving them ever since. One in the living room and one in the Gaming Theater. 

Now on with the subject.

1. I JUST bought a Xbox One on March 14th because I found a deal with no Kinect and the cost was well bellow $400. SOLD. Now that I have it hooked up I can't believe it still is loud as the original 360. Is there ANY way to lower the fans on this? I usually game through a Astro A50 to not disturb my fiance and her kid when they work on homework up-stairs and I can clearly here the Xbox's jets from 6 feet away through my headset with the games playing loudly. Both my PS4's are dead silent and I can't even tell they are on. This is almost exactly the same issue I had with every 360 console, way too loud yet they still had to overheat for some reason.

2. I refuse to use a Kinect for several reasons. As I almost gave in and subjected myself to it but then I realized I physically have no space to even install it. My gaming area is actually my Home Theater and I have a 125" screen that fills the wall with maybe 12" to space between floor and screen and no space at the ceiling. Literally, the entire wall is one big screen. I can't put the Kinect below the screen because I want that area clear for when I vacuum and I don't want any wires. SO... How can I get my Xbox One to simply log in when I turn it on? It seems like an unnecessary step to have to log in every time I turn it on. The 360 was nice in that way, you turn it on, you're already logged in and ready to use. I can't leave the Xbox One on all the time because it's so freaking loud and I am very conservative with what devices I leave on consuming power. Since it is my theater room I expect quiet when watching movies, I can't have some loud fan running all the time. I'm sure someone must understand that. Why did I say all this? Because I'm not accepting the answer that I have to use the Kinect. and there was why.

3. For the longest time I used Xbox.com as my portal to see my friends and view my gaming activity and achievement. I'm not so much into the achievement any more but I still would like to have an active and current presence on my main Xbox.com homepage. Now, even though I have used the Xbox One several times none of that information is appearing on my page. It still has my last Xbox 360 activity from Jan. 2012. Am I to assume that with Xbox One there is no more Xbox.com homepage for the user?

Sorry for all that. I figured I give you enough info up front and that will prevent needless back and forth Q&A. I hope to see some exclusives some day... ;)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi

i will try and help you here

1) Change your setting to power saving mode i noticed the fan was alot quieter for me :)

2) At the min there is no other way to get your console to log in without loggin in yourself.

3) in the future am sure xbox one profile will come.you can always download the smartglass app and view everything you want to there :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Great advice, thanks.

1) I did the power savings change the first night. had I not figured that out I would have ranted about being able to completely turn the Xbox off. ;) I don't feel the fan noise reduced at all after doing that.

2) crap

3) I have always ignored smartglass. I tried it, sees my Xbox One but gives me a error code and says can not connect right now.. so much for that. I'll try it again tomorrow maybe. Ground Zeroes and Second Son come out for PS4 this week so it looks like Xbox will be waiting a while till something interesting comes out.

thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.