Feel ripped off and am quitting xbox for ps4

Xbox are auto renewing my account and keep switching this off. Thy messed up my move from UK to US and this eve i spent an hour chatting to an xbox rep who lied to me and kept me hanging and in the end went back on their word to refund me. I can never get hold of a human and am so angry that after 7 years, to be treated so badly. Goodbye Xbox...shameful service

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

plz call support and they should help you sorry for the service you got

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In order to turn off the auto renew for your account via the website you can visit this article: support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

In terms of you having a bad customer service experience when the rep was helping you did you provide them with adequate information on the issue that you were having? Has it been giving you an error code when trying to turn off the auto renew on your account or remove the credit card? Was your renewal for a monthly subscription? If it was then Xbox does not do refunds for one month subscriptions unless you meet strict exceptions to the rule. I would suggest calling Xbox Support back at 1-800-469-9269 for US, Canada and Puerto Rico and thoroughly explain the exact issue you are having.

You can not be helped if the situation is not understood by the person trying to help you. And just a few other notes on the issue you have, you said that you chatted with an Xbox rep for an hour and yet you say you can never get a human, I am thoroughly confused on that whole statement.

And if you do decide to go and purchase a PS4 there is nothing wrong with that at all, happy gaming to you, but you do realize that Sony now also charges for their online service the same as Microsoft right?

Sorry this didn't help.

And yes sony also has auto renewal just like xbox

That's what subscriptions from the dashboard is on both ps4 and xbox

The only way to not have that is to forgo the convenience just like in real life of having auto billing with the savings and cheap plans and go full price prepaid cards

Sorry this didn't help.