Fed up

Every morning I start up my xbox and play a game before I go to work. Suddenly today it requires that I enter my email and password. This is a struggle because I forgot what all my account information is. Fair enough I get that straightened out. I figure out my email account, then I go to my computer and reset my pasword, only this works great for logging in on my computer, but when I go to my console, it goes forward and askes to save my password, then I click next, then I get a message 80048821 stating that I have the wrong email and or password. How is this so , since I just went online and reset it all. I know for a fact I am entering the right information.

Also I feel a little ripped off due to the fact that the Black ops game I bought when it first came out, (I think in September) claims that I can get the Nuketown 2025 map, but when I enter the code included in the box, I can't remember exactly what the message is, but it basically tells me that the code I enter is invalid.

Further more I'm sure I have posted this in the wrong forum and some snot forum mod will cut into me before anyone consider being helpful, but I'm not spending hours figuring out this forum, when I have no interest in participating in it. The only reason I am posting my problems here is because at quick glance I do not see any other links to send an email to microsoft regarding my issues and if they make it difficult for their customers to get help then screw them.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

After setting your email and password back up you should have been msg'd a security code to enter in when you log in again.  This is done via email or txt msg, etc.  As for the invalid promo code all I can suggest is trying the games forum for blackops...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Clearly I can log in otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. When I click on the next tab on the console after entering all the right onformation is states that I'm logged in, yet keeps looping me through this error code over and over. So simply I have paid for a game console that one would assume is a turn key piece of equipment. I have paid for a yearly memebership, which would assume someone is paid to make sure these types of issues don't happen. I'm married with children and don't have the time to trouble shoot for microsoft, perhaps they need to hire people that can program the system without such bugs. What a failure I paid and paid again and I still can't use this system. What should I be thinking about future spending with microsoft? I already run my computers on Linux,

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Damaged0972!

If you haven’t already, start by adding security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is crucial to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provides.

When this information has been added and updated, we can now start focus on the next step, connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Delete your profile (Delete Profile Only). This will only delete your profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Learn how to delete your profile properly.

Clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files from the system cache. How to clear the system cache.

Now restart your console and download your Xbox LIVE profile. How to download Xbox LIVE profile

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, that worked, but really, who's failure idea is it to make customers have to research and jump through hoops. We're not all 14 year old kids here.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you don't keep track of your information there will always be some hoop-jumping.  Same thing goes for any account access, not just xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

All I can say is that we're glad to you have back up and running.

Sorry this didn't help.