Faulty Xbox 360 S, red dotted once, now wont go on.

Yesterday I was on my xbox 360 S for the majority of the day (I had nothing to do and GTA 5 is trying to take over my life). Sometime that night I turned the xbox off by pressing the power button. When I turned it back on a few minutes later, I had no profiles or updates, but it was still connected to my, secured, wireless internet..weird, but I proceeded to redownload all updates (took almost an hour with a 50mbps download, W/E) and then redownloaded my profile - I was good to go. After finishing for the night I turned it off again by pressing the power button.

The next morning I turned on my xbox and it immediately turned on all fans full blast for a few seconds, then a red dot appeared. I turned it off, disconnected and reconnected everything. Now it wont even turn on, but still makes noises when I touch the open tray button and power button... weird huh? It's been a few hours now and still nothing. The power brick light is orange.

Is there some overheating safeguard that needs resetting/bypassing? Is it broke? what the [MOD REMOVED] should I do? I need to play base invaders!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

YOu should repair your console at myservice.xbox.com , it needs to be repaired, that's what you [MOD REMOVED] need to do to play base invaders again :D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Billy Mays,

It's possible that your console will need a repair.

Before we jump straight to that, I would recommend trying some of the solutions in our No Power Troubleshooter.

If you do decide to repair your console you can follow the steps in our How to setup a repair article. By setting it up online you'll save some money rather than setting it up over the phone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.