Faulty Controllers for Xbox One - Paying for returning item to Czech Republic!

My own controller and my friends controller have both encountered faults - mainly staying connected to the console, but also problems with buttons and the play & charge.

When we tried to register a return, the only option we have is for Self Postage... To the Czech Republic. Which costs £54 for tracked international mail.

We spoke to Xbox Support who basically said there was nothing they could do and yes we would have to pay the whole postage costs, when we could go buy a new controller for £44. I guess Microsoft know that the return postage exceeds the cost of new controller at stores so it makes them even more money.

It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft deliver faulty product to early adopters of the Xbox One and treat them like dirt - not even covering postage costs for replacements.

So be warned - if you were good enough to pump money into Microsoft on their launch of the Xbox One.... you're probably going to end up with faulty goods which you have to pay huge amounts for international shipping, and they really couldn't care less.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just having a conversation with a Supervisor now about this and I'm pretty much being told, in a very polite manner, tough *** buying a new one is easier

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

After speaking with a supervisor he gave me this alternative address

C/O Microsoft Service Centre

Langstone Technology Park

Langstone Road Havant

PO9 1SA

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers man, do you work for Microsoft? or how do you know we can send them there? I asked Xbox support and they said they were trying to find me a local service centre but the closest was in Czech Republic stil!ha Much better if in UK, even though still paying postage it'll be like £5 or so!

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't work for them, i got this from speaking with a supervisor via the tech support chat. Its still useless to me, i live in Ireland so its still international shipping

Sorry this didn't help.