Farewell- The Final Xbox 360 Salute

Well here we are. Days from a brand new generation of Xbox. Are you excited? I tell you I'm ridiculously excited. In order to celebrate the new Gen, I thought we could bid a proper farewell to our Xbox 360. No, you don't have to throw it away. We are merely thanking it for 8 awesome years.

First Salute- Do you remember that time you got some crazy kill or scored an impossible win? What game was it on? Can you recall all the details? Post here and tell us about it.

I'll get it started: My first "Holy crap" moment occurred in summer of 2007 on Gears of War. I was playing Execution on War Machine, and my team got torn apart by Snipers while I was getting a drink. I came back to my gamepad and found that all three of my teammates were down and hadn't killed a single one of our opponents. I went to the back where the Sniper was and picked it up. This of course told all four of my opponents where I was. They started coming down the stairs and I managed a lucky headshot on the Sniper camping on the Troika. I switched to my Shotgun and ran through the middle towards Torque Bow. A guy tried to Chainsaw me, but I got the shot off and killed him. I went to the top floor and peaked down towards the grenades. I couldn't find the last two guys, but someone picked up the Sniper so I cautiously headed that way. I managed to melee kill a guy hiding on one of the pillars, and went into the Sniper next. I couldn't see the last guy so I blind-fired my sniper over my cover to get an active reload (We all did it) and it nailed the guy in the head as he vaulted the sandbags in front of the stairs on the other side. Crazy lucky shot to win the game. I may never forget that match.

So what about you guys? Got a crazy win for your team? Tell us about it :-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The 360 is still gonna be alive and well for another couple years.  Not saying farewell to it yet

I am keeping mine for a while. Still have to finish GTA V, Fable Anniversary is coming, Fables series to play as well as The Walking Dead 2.

Keeping mine until I can upgrade my forza racing setup to Xone, gotta get my racing on......still.

[quote user="IIFatalshockII"]

No, you don't have to throw it away. We are merely thanking it for 8 awesome years

[/quote].

Why farewell?  It is still a great machine with some very good games on it.  My 360 will still see significant use for a long time.

Okay, let's change farewell to Tribute then shall we? I wasn't saying we were getting rid of our Xbox 360s. I'm certainly not. It was meant to be a celebration of 8 years of Xbox 360 and looking to the Xbox One.

I would be more excited if I didn't act a fool and believe all of the negative rumors about X1 from the Sony fanboys.  I cancelled my preorder for X1 and got a PS4 and now I completely regret it.  PS4 has nice graphics but their online service is horrible and a complete joke.  PS4 is now sold and it's off to hunting for one of those elusive extra units and waiting in line.  Lesson learned, Xbox I will never doubt you again lol.

[quote user="vIv MIKE vIv"]

I would be more excited if I didn't act a fool and believe all of the negative rumors about X1 from the Sony fanboys.  I cancelled my preorder for X1 and got a PS4 and now I completely regret it.  PS4 has nice graphics but their online service is horrible and a complete joke.  PS4 is now sold and it's off to hunting for one of those elusive extra units and waiting in line.  Lesson learned, Xbox I will never doubt you again lol.

[/quote]Might have been a good idea to give PSN a chance to improve a bit more mate. It's only been a few days. Great to hear you want an Xbox again though!

I still have to finish GTA5 and assassins creed 3

Saying goodbye to mine sometime this week. No use for it anymore at all.