Fan stays running after power off.... only play for 30mins.

I turn it off and the fan slowly runs, the power supply light is still green and it takes like 30 seconds for it to go back to yellow. Should I be worried???? It might just be something I never paid attention to. I can't install my games only a 4gig.... I have them both, power supply, and system in the open. So should I be worried?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi, it's normal for the fans to keep running after you power the console off, this expels the heat out of the console before it completely shuts down.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Even after the system has been running for 30 mins???? And also what places should I touch the console to get a good gauge if it's over heating? Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure 30 minutes will generate enough heat to require the system to cool down rather than just turning off and leaving the generated heat inside the console casing. The vents on the top, back and sides of the console would be the best place to feel the heat being expelled, obviously don't cover the vents with your hand.

-

Do you also maybe see the power light flashing green? that would mean a longer shutdown period as it indicates that the cloud storage is syncing or a download is completing in the background if you have those features enabled. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the fans running for a little while.

Sorry this didn't help.