Fan spinning at idle speed during gameplay?

Hey, quick question. I'm not too familiar with the Xbox One hardware just yet, so I'm not sure if this is even really a problem. Forgive me if it's not an issue.

I notice that even during reasonably taxing gameplay (such as Battlefield 4 or Forza 5), the 112mm fan runs at idle speed and the console generates slightly more heat than I'd like. It's not to the point where system stability is a concern and I know I'm not even getting anywhere close to TJ max, but I'd just like to know if this is to be expected during normal operation of the console, or if there's a setting I can change somewhere to allow the fan to run a little faster.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

The fan doesn't run that fast. As xbox 360. It's because it's such a big fan it can run much slower yet giving same if not better cooling then the old 360 fan did

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I take it your answer means "no, that's how it's supposed to be". Just to note, my Xbox One gets noticeably hotter than even my stock Jasper 360 does; after about 5 hours of gameplay, there was nearly no heat coming out of the vents of my 360, vice one hour on my Xbox One generating noticeable heat. Note that "noticeable" does not mean it's a big problem, but it's got me curious.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine can get pretty hot too! Nothing severe but it sometimes gets about as hot as my 360 does. But usually 70%%% of the time it just gets a little bit above warm when playing video games.  Bf4 is the one that tends to make my console xbone 1 heat up.    I think your fine but go with what you feel because if something seems wrong you should take it to a Microsoft store so a employee can see it  

Make sure you register your device at this link so u have a warranty if something was to break

https://myservice.xbox.com/

If xbox starts to overheat it will tell u before it becomes dangerous.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for being as helpful as possible, you two. These two answers basically confirm what I had hoped for. It certainly doesn't seem that anything's wrong with my console. :) I trust that Microsoft knows what they're doing after the RROD fiasco with cooling their consoles properly, but I appreciate you both sating my curiosity.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks u two ? It was just u and I in this post haha. But np I like helping people. You have 45 days from the day u buy or recieved Xbox one. For $70 u can buy extended warranty

You will have a total of 3 years warranty on xbox, kinect, and 2 controllera. I Recommend you do this ASAP.  It is likely the Hard drive will fail because the  hard drive often fail same with the DVD drives

Sorry this didn't help.