Fan is really loud and stays on

Played my machine for all of two hours total and this morning after about 10 min of play the fan kicks in really loudly and stays on.   Even with the machine powered down it just runs and runs.  Even after unplugging it for a while, as soon as its plugged in it kicks back on.

The sound is like a fan that's working hard.  It doesn't have the additional clicking sound some users have complained about.  But, it is really loud.  Like the box fan I use for white noise while sleeping or a loud window unit air conditioner.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is the power supply warm?  are you plugged into a wall outlet or a power strip?  Could you try plugging into a wall outlet directly if you aren't already?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The power supply doesn't feel all that warm and neither does the brick.  It was a power strip, so I can give that a go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok cool, let us know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the box has been unplugged for over about two hours or so this morning so everything is cool as a cucumber.   Plugged it into the wall socket and she powered up like a jet engine.  It is well ventilated as it just sits on the TV stand and the moment (haven't even had it long enough to put it in the entertainment center slots yet).  I moved it around a bit, but the fan blows loud enough to mask the noise from the TV substantially.  

Sorry this didn't help.