Fan failure, want to replace the entire cooler

Morning all. I have a serious question about the cooler in the xbox one. Ok so long story short, the fan has failed and it's shut it's self down. (It's not damaged the console it's self thank you Microsoft for at least putting a safety net into place there!!) So I'm thinking. I have seen the tare down of the xbox one on ifixit, I know the consoles heatsink is an off the shelf model with a proprietary fan (standard connector though). Now my question is this. Does anybody know what socket the actual heatsink is or if any universal heatsink will fit as long as it fits into the console? Note: the socket type for the actual semi custom jaguar chip is a micro BGA (ball grid array), is NOT replaceable.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 570 Applies to:

It's under warranty...why mess with it?

-

Let MS take care of it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's under warranty sure but if I have the choice of fitting a well known aftermarket cooler and know that the system won't boil its self, or sending the console back to Microsoft for a replacement fan (which by the way is easy to replace as it's held on by 2 wire retention clips) I know what I'd rather do, and I promise you I'd go for the aftermarket solution for my heavy investment.

Swapping the cooler out completely (as long as you get a certified engineer to do the work) shouldn't void the warranty.

Think of it like this. You buy a brand new mercedes SLS and it's fitted with Eco tyres, you can't tell me for a second you would not rip them off and replace them with Pirelli p zeros or high end hancooks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try making it water cooled  also a bmw tech I'm thinking about tune the X1 too let me know how u make out

Sorry this didn't help.

No point in water cooling it if it's possible. By the time you mod the chassis (void the warranty) then pay out for a rad, pump, water block, reservoir, coolant, pipes, diamond thermal compound, a good quality fan and the rest of it you'll have paid about 400-500usd for a set up to cool a single chip. Also you would have to keep the res, pump and radiator out side of the chassis and they are uglier that the console it's self.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Sparco Racing91,

Sorry about the fan issue. I would suggest contacting support for a fix. Remember that when you open the console and you will void the warranty. Please read the link which will explain the stipulation.

Reach back let us know if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hell while your in there grab the soldering iron and open up those 2 shut down CU cores. Get r done!!!

Sorry this didn't help.