Family Timer not available on XBOX One

I'm sure this thread has started somewhere else, but need to post this myself.

The Family Timer is an essential part of the system that has gone missing from the transition from the 360 to the X1.

Microsoft has done a disservice to families and parents by not leaving this element in the profile and they need to put it back IMMEDIATELY.  Who do you (Microsoft) think you are?  The control of the console is a family decision, and you've taken that away without any regard for the needs of the family.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I understand your frustration. Vote here to let your voice be heard and maybe Microsoft will implement it one day.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Buy an egg timer and when it goes off physically turn the console off. If the kids protest pack up the console.

While a timer would be nice, I wouldn't call it a necessity. You could buy a egg timer like Auswulf suggests or just give certain times to play.

The Family Timer on 360 is a godsend. It's also great for empowering kids to choose when to use their allotted time, and with allotted time built into the system, they never ask for more time.

Whereas with no controls [or an egg timer] they go the route of, "Just one more match." [flip the egg timer] "Five more minutes." Naggy naggy rinse repeat headache - minor conflict and resentment when you're the one telling them to turn off their gear or taking away their controllers. lol

When they know the time is finite they get picky about when to burn through it. lol No timer and the 360 is on before their school uniforms in a morning... sneaks... or on, paused, when they get distracted by other things. With allotted time they turn everything off so it doesn't eat at their time.

I've said it before but I work in respite for foster kids/carers. Features like this on electronics are awesome. I suspect though that Microsoft have metrics pertaining to the use of certain features on consoles connected to the service, and the systems utilising parental controls are probably a tiny, tiny minority [because most parents are total planks] so weren't a priority for the X1. But still... step back much?

The X1 is missing a bunch of excellent, simple, useful, almost stupidly obvious features the 360 has. S'kinda, meh. lol

A time table can work just as well.

So can a nightclub bouncer hired with instructions to manhandle kids off the console at specific times. Heh.

Point is though. A used feature on the previous console is missing on the new one. A bit like, I dunno, when I use the Xbox Video app [Films and TV app now] on 360 I can download my movies to the hard drive and watch them offline. No need to use bandwidth. Same app on the X1 I have to stream the movies and have no option to download.

Two years in now... if you're gonna roll out features The Sims expansion pack style, expect some members of your long-standing installed-base to wonder where some of the more useful, used, and obvious ones are.

So egg timers, time tables, judo-chops, persuasive circus animals... while helpful, s'not really uh, addressing the point. {=D

Can't really argue with Argontheos. Good posts.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Never knew the 360 had one?

Tone of the OP is way of beam.   "Who do you (MS) think you are"  Mmmm the corporation that makes the console.   "the control of the console is a family decision"  Mmmm yes it is, but MS are under no obligation to put any systems in place that provide you with parental support.    Not saying its not a useful function, but they are not obligated to provide it.  

Hello everyone  :)

Microsoft still needs to add features that were on the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One.  The Xbox One is now almost 2 years old.

Where is the ability to play our own music anytime that we want to and the ability to turn off controller vibrations in the console settings?

The answer is simple this, Microsoft will add it if the missing features from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One when people start getting angry at them.  

It doesn't matter if people aren't happy with the missing features, but as long as the torches and pitch forks stay in the barn; Microsoft isn't even going to notice them (the missing features).

@ the OP  =  I hope that they add the Parental Timer to the Xbox One soon  :)

@ everyone  =  I have given up hope of every being able to play my music anytime that I want to and to turn off all controller vibrations from the console settings.  

It is painfully clear that Microsoft doesn't care about the missing features because they (the missing features) would have already been added by now if it was important to them.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone  :)