Family Plan scenario

I'm looking into the family plan thing, it sounds like it might be the right solution to my problem, but here's my scenario:

I have two consoles in the home with two kids and a wife.  If I (or any of the kids or wife) purchase content on console #1, is this content also available to the other family members on console #2?  I know they would need to sign in on console #2 (made much easier with this latest update), but would anyone be able to download the game/item to console #2, or just me (primary account holder)?

Maybe related, is Cloud Storage available to silver members?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Content purchased on live is tied to both the tag and the console that downloaded it first.  This means that if you downloaded the content on console #1 it is available to everyone.  If you then downloaded the same thing (using your tag) to console #2 it would be available to yourself anytime and available to others only when your tag was signed into console #2.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This page is misleading then, which made me ask the question (I was just trying to confirm if anyone has experience with this):

www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ

Q: If I purchase an Xbox LIVE Arcade game, does it belong to everyone in the family?

A: Purchased content such as games and movies are licensed both to the console it was purchased on, and the individual Gold member that purchased it. So if, for example, your child were to buy an Xbox LIVE Arcade game on your home console, anyone on your console can play it. Additionally, if they leave for college, they could recover their account on another Xbox 360 in their dorm room and be able to play the game when logged into their account from that Xbox 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not misleading at all.  Re-read the post and you will see that it says exactly what I did.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahh, crap, I was confusing their usage of Gold Member (lol) thinking it meant the primary account holder.

I wish I was able to authorize my consoles to play this downloaded content (especially if the consoles are on the same network).  I can do it with my Zune account (allow more than one computer to listen to Zune Pass stuff).  This prevents me from purchasing stuff for my kids from the marketplace. I think PSN supports this feature (authorize content on multiple consoles).  As long as I'm complaining, I wish Netflix shouldn't require Gold anymore either (no biggie on the other consoles). Oh well.  

Thanks for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.