Family plan changing to single accounts?! Keep the Family plan!!!

Ok Microsoft this is completely stupid and will be *** a lot of your fans. My fiance and I have 2 xbox's so we picked the family plan so our Gold is under 1 membership. Now you want us to go back and pay for seperate accounts? It's stupid. "Xbox one will only need one member with Gold access on a console." So?! Me and my fiance love playing CoD together and we will have 2 seperate xbox ones so again you are [MOD REMOVED] your loyal fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

You can read about any sort of changes being made to your family pack account in regards to the conversion to individual memberships by visiting this page here.

You will be given time remaining on the family gold pack plus 3 months for each family member that is split into an individual account. After that time is up if those accounts with to play on Xbox LIVE you would need to fill out their billing information and each of them would need to get their own memberships.

As this is a support forum and your statement is more so feedback related, please feel free to make a post in the Feedback/Wishlist forums here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please provide support,

I have a Xbox 360, and had a family plan. My wife and I were playing online with another couple who also had a Xbox 360, and a family plan.

When you killed the family plans, my account reverted to Gold and my wife's reverted silver.

Now when we attempt to play online with the other couple, the games states that the wives require their own Gold accounts.

Please provide support as we would very much like to finish these games as a group.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello DoG Cryo DL & Koby1Kanoby,

It is correct what hassassinade said, the family pack subscription which is now in the past, will stay in the past. But you should have been given a 12 Month membership for the primary account holder and the other 3 family pack members. Not quite sure if it including an extra 3 bonus months on each family member.

The best advice I can give is go to http://support.xbox.com enter in support chat and stress the situation with the agents. They can look in to this and see what was given out in regards to the cancellation of the Family Pack.

If they also can see that you haven't been given what you're owed they can escalate it to higher support who will be able to investigate and resolve the situation.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Daniel

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Criosphinx,

The other couple just bought a PS4 today and has advised me to do the same. Looks like we won't be finishing our XBox games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the advice you receive is the advice you should take naturally right? Who knows I might get someone advising me to get a PS4 while I still have a 360 and Xbox one, so I did. and I never even played it once as I was disgusted by the feel of the controller. It got sold after about 3 months of not using it.

I'm not going to try convince you to stay as I believe people will make their own choices. But it does to be blunt at the same time non-offensive (advisded me to do the same. Lookings like we won't be finishing our xbox games/he asked me to jump and i asked how high?) do what ever makes you happy.

Although as far as loyalty is concerned you're considering leaving the Xbox LIVE service because you cannot be bothered to ait a few days for a resolution you apparently seem to be entitled to. That's picture perfect loyalty right there. You know, if I was in your situation I would do the complete opposite to what you're considering. I've almost been a member for 6 years and there has been times where I've been aggravated through a few problems and escalations, but I stuck with Xbox LIVE. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope you find new enjoyment in the Sony PlayStation Network. At the end of the day it's just a preference, and if you've been a member on Xbox LIVE for a while, there may be some features you will be missing out on upon switching.

Goodluck Koby!

Daniel

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Daniel for your honesty.

After inquiring, the resolution to restoring the services I (and apparently many others) was happily paying for would increase to an unacceptable dollar amount. Note that this does not even include a resolution for my two kids’ accounts that I have not mentioned previously.

I’m bewildered as to why Microsoft is discontinuing this awesome service (not just for me, but in general), when it clearly inspired loyalty and the online “Jump in” community that reached beyond the hard core gamers.

Microsoft’s stubbornness and arrogance around the release of the One console contributes to my specific situation as coming across as yet another stubborn and arrogant money grab.

Even if Microsoft back pedals on the Family Plans too, the damage has already been done to my small online community.

--

Koby

Sorry this didn't help.

I was a part of that disconinued service that ended last year as well. Each family member got 12+3months of gold and I also got the same for the account holder.I was very annoyed too as I didn't want the service to end, and I agree with some aspects that you are typing. But fact of the matter is there is nothing that can be done about the service at all. Everyone acts differently in situations your situation is seemingly to give up with Microsoft and its servies, mine isn't. I enjoy the service and the features of being gold rather than what subscription I have. If you are really going to leave this Xbox LIVE service I hope you find enjoyment elsehwere. Take care.

Regards,

Daniel

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to work with MSFT support to simply have the remaining 9 months of my account (that I don't use and was simply set up to manage my son) over to my son's account and MSFT told me no and all I can do is cancel and pay full price for his subscription and the 9 months remaining would be lost.

The MSFT customer service is very poor - I was considering getting an Xbox ONE for Xmas and upgrading but after this experience and how unwilling they are to work with me just shows how out of touch MIcrosoft is.

Very disappointed customer.

Sorry this didn't help.

well it is common knowledge that you cannot transfer membership from one account to the other this goes back to the old days of the Live service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Man Microsoft is doing a GREAT job of convincing people to buy the Play Station instead of XBox One.  The family plan was their one edge, with that gone.  Were on the fence with upgrading our oldest son's system this Christmas, PS it is now.  Just ordered the PS4, no more paying for his subscription.  Our youngest will be without the Gold Live and we will pay one last for our middle, his PS4 will be next Christmas.  

Sorry this didn't help.