family pack

I recently got a family pack with 2 other people. None of us 3 actually live in the same house right now. The problem is I can't buy microsoft points for myself. When I try it tells me only the family pack leader can. How do we set it so I can buy my own points with my own debit card that nobody else can access?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately this wouldn't be possible since you are apart of the Gold Family Pack you are under Unified Billing > With the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, only the primary Family Pack member (often a parent or caregiver) may make purchases on Xbox LIVE for other Family Pack members, so that you can more easily manage your family’s entertainment budget. The only way you'd be able to actually add points to the account would be if you got the person who set up the family pack to kick you out of the family gold pack and then you bought your points and came back in (there would be a 5 day waiting period to be allowed back into the family pack). Other than that it doesn't seem as if it's possible. Though it's possible for you purchase a prepaid Microsoft Points and and send them to the primary and have them add it to their account and then simply share the points with your account. The FAQ for the Family Gold Pack is located here and lists some more information which you may find helpful: www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can buy a points card to add to your account, that would only be able to be used by your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.