Family Pack Question

Hi, I'm considering upgrading my gold account to a family pack so that my son and daughter can play online but I have several questions before I make the decision: 1. If all of us have our own consoles are we still able to make use of the pack, or is it intended for 1 machine? 2. I have bought lots of things on the market place and would like to play the same game on another machine upstairs, does this family pack allow for all users to have access to games that have been bought by the master account holder on their machines? and all this without having to moving my gamer tag constantly? 3. I have cod 4 or on the master machine, will I be able to download it on my sons Xbox so that he can play? Thanks in anticipation for those with some helpful advice :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there S7even! Let me see if I can answer all of your questions. :) 

1) While the Family Pack was really designed for 1 or 2 consoles, you can use the Family Pack across multiple consoles! The one caveat to this is that you would need all four accounts on the primary console initially to add them to the plan. After they have been successfully added, they can be recovered to other consoles :)

2) Unfortunately the Family Pack does not grant any additional licenses for purchases content, but there is a way you can access your content on 2 separate consoles. Each purchase comes with 2 licenses, one for your account, and one for the console it was purchased on.

• The account license is active when the account which purchased the content is logged into LIVE. This means that your content can follow you around from console to console, provided you are able to log into LIVE on each console. 

• The console license remains on the console you purchased the content on, or, in the event you purchased the content on Xbox.com, the console registered to your Gamertag. This license allows all accounts on that console to use the content, whether you are logged into LIVE or not! This license can be moved to another console using our License Migration Tool, but only once every 120 days, and it is a move- not a copy. So, if you get a new console, you are free to move all of your digital licenses to the new console to have the same experience you had on your original console. :) 

How most families set this up between two consoles is enable one console, the main console used by the family, to be designated as the primary console that maintains the console license. Then, the purchaser of the content, typically the Primary account, can use all of the content on another console. :) 

3) Actually the answer above best answers this question as well. You can have the console license on moved to your son's console, and still be able to play the game on your console by being logged into LIVE with your account. :) 

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, let us know, or alternatively you can view our FAQ on Family Pack accounts here: http://www.xbox.com/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.