Family Pack Cancellation Questions

Since the family pack is no longer being offered I have a few questions.

I am currently a family pack customer since 2011, is renewal still an option?

If not how will the system handle the automatic renewal process?

Will it auto renew gold for just the "parent" account?

Or for all accounts that have a valid payment method on file?

Or will the auto renewal just fail?

Would like to know before hand so I don't get a surprise when the subscription ends.

Thank you,

John

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Interesting question. It is very unfortunate that the family pack is discontinued.

There will be no renewal  option since the family pack will be no longer available/supported.

For the  auto-renew, I think it  is  disabled for all Family account holders ,  forcing everyone to get off the family account explicitly when the time expire.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Maj Tom 360! Depending on when the renewal date for the family pack, you may the option to renew. It's not guaranteed that you will be able to renew the family gold.

Any accounts on the family gold pack will have to a free/silver account if the family gold pack is unable to renew on the primary account (the account that purchased the family gold pack). All the accounts will have to purchase gold or redeem a prepaid gold code on the account.

Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

See view.engage.xbox.com

In short, renewal from now on is not an option, your auto renewal will occur but only on the parent (main) account.  

You can renew on the other accounts but you have to set up payments for each one.

And from now on you can't monitor your children's online activity either, so in an age where we are asking for more parental feedback, Microdoft are going backwards.

But hey, they extended each account by 3 months! A bit like dusting you off after throwing you on the ground...

Thanks Microsoft, such a caring organisation - ever tried looking for somewhere to complain to them?

Sorry this didn't help.