Family Pack - 2 Consoles???

I have read the Family Pack FAQ and i still have a few questions that need confirmed. I am the main account holder (dad) and thinking about the family pack for the wife and 2 kids.  We have 2 consoles in the house and are currenty using my gamertag between the 2 consoles.  Here are my questions and thanks for any help you can add.

1.  If my son and I are playing say Modern Warfare 3 on the same console can we both use mics and chat considering we have the family pack and using 2 seperate gamertags?

2.  Say i have downloaded Black Ops map packs on my main console and the kids want to play black ops DLC on the other console.  Will they have access to the DLC that I have already paid for on the main account or will they need purchased again for the other console/gamertags?

3.  I have 10 months remaining on my single XBL membership.  If I up upgrade to family pack tonight for 1 year membership when exactly should my family pack membership expire?

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

1. You should be able to.

2. The family plan doesn't effect content licenses. So if you download something fron your account on the main console all the profiles on that console can access the content. Only your account would be able to access the content on the second console if you're signed into Live.

3. The one year would start when you purchase it. The 10 months remaining on your account would turn into a credit towards the price.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can anyone else confirm this information.  I would really like to clear my #1 question, would I hear my son in my headset?  I ask because we both use wireless turtle beach headsets.  And for #2 even if my profile is on the second console, no one else on the second console would have access to my DLC?  Even if i saved the map packs on a usb drive or something?  Is that possible?  Or am i going to have to re buy all the DLC over again for each gamertag?  Thanks for the reply...

Sorry this didn't help.

1. As long as two separate Gold gamertags are signed into the console you can both use mics. If you are one Gold gamertag with a guest gamertag you cannot.

2. When you download a DLC pack it is connected by a license to your console that you first downloaded it to. As well as your gamertag. Were you to upload your gamertag to your console #2, you could only play the DLC through your gamertag. However if you use the first console that you originally downloaded content to, yourself as well as anyone else on that console can use the DLC.

Sorry this didn't help.