Family gold - rip off!

Family Gold is now a rip off! The transition from points to currency has happened, but not family to individual! Which means the things i signed up for on family pack, ie transfering points/currency to secondary members, can not happen! So in effect, my kid wants to buy a download (secondary member), for $9.95 now i have to drive into the city to buy a gift card, which the min is $25!!!!!!! I cant just transfer points or currency, anymore!!!! Half a job...microsoft!!!! Either convert my family pack members to individual gold, now ( surely not that hard to convert....ur a computer company! And dont give me that crap, that it will convert when current family gold expires! Cause if thats the case....uve ripped me off, for WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!) or grant allowances again! Whats the point of doing it half way? Where is the common sense??? Obviously a money making scheme!!! Playstation is startin to look REAL GOOD!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

When stating the min $25.... The point here is, simply either provide allowances or different value gift cards for kids...APPLE DOES!

Half a job, microsoft...all the brain power you have for developing etc.. You forgot common sense!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Last I heard, all Family Packs are being converted as of Aug 27th.  It's a rolling process, so batches of accounts at a time.  If yours is still Family Gold, it's only a matter of time.  It doesn't depend on your expiration date at all.  It's a batch process being run by their system.  I would recommend taking a look around for any Microsoft Points cards.  Do a search online.  Should still be plenty left.  They still work beautifully.  Get your kid one for 800 points, have your kid redeem it, it'll convert to marketplace currency value, and voila, your kid should be able to make the purchase.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.