Family gold is gone now what?

I have now 4 individual xbox gold accounts because they did way with the family gold account. 3 accounts for my kids and mine.

I currently have 3 xbox 360s in my house and planning on getting a xbox one. The 4 gold accounts I have will expire in 4 months. Will i have to buy gold for each account so they can still play online with their friends? OR as long as my account is gold they can still use gold features? 

Look at this link about family gold. They said all you need is Home Gold but i think you have to own a xbox one. Im lost, I really dont want to spend $50 on 4 gold accounts.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/family-pack-convert-individual-member-faq

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you are using the accounts on the 360, then to play online you will need a Gold subscription for each account.

-

On Xbox One you will only need one Gold account on that console for all accounts to be able to play online. However you can only have one console nominated for Home Gold per account. So if you have a second Xbox One, you'd need a second Gold account.

-

Home Gold is not an option on the Xbox 360.

WOW talk about forcing you to buy xbox one eh lol. I thought if i had multiple xboxs ones anyone could use the gold features of my account with their gamertag.

[quote user="sempars"]WOW talk about forcing you to buy xbox one eh lol.[/quote]I would not mind putting a bet on that being the reason. Dump family Gold to make the One more attractive.

[quote user="sempars"]I thought if i had multiple xboxs ones anyone could use the gold features of my account with their gamertag.[/quote]You get to nominate one console as your Home for your Gold account. On that console your Gold account will enable others to access Gold features.

If you had a second Xbox One in the house then you'd be able to play online but others, if they were Silver, would not. You'd need another Gold account to make it their Home Gold console to enable that.

So to enable Silver members to access Gold features on an Xbox One, each console will need a Gold account to make it their Home. 

Ok thanks, talk about sticking it to the famlies. I guess they just lost out on 3 gold accounts any more xboxes.

look for sales you should only pay 35 or 40 dollars for it , should be a sale on black Friday somewhere or online.