Family Gold Account - Transfer son's account from x-wife's to mine

Need to transfer son's gold membership from x-wife to my account.  After putting in email address related to son's account, system wants a sign in to xbox live.  I try with no success.  Do I need to sign in under the son's account?  Any other tricks after that point.  The x's membership expires 2/1/12 and I'd like to get this done soon.  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi losing, you will need to phone support to see if they can transfer the gold sub for you.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Metal! Can you elaborate on the situation a little for me. So your son has his own account, yes? Are you being asked for parental WLID/password to access certain things, and is this your ex-wife's? The only way to remove this would be for your ex-wife to log into her parent account and remove your son from her control. Then the next time your son's account tries to log in it will be asked for a new parent, and that is when you can enter your information. Does that sound like it might help? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

i found the answer off the xbox live online info.  After I added my son and it asked for related e-mail, I provided that e-mail and a new screen displayed for me to sign in.  I had to use my son's account sign in info and all worked great.  When I added him to my subscription, his remaining balance transfered over.  The x got a seperate e-mail from microsoft that the account she had was cancelled...as expected.  Good customer service to remove uncertainty.  Thanks for your attempts to help me!!!

Sorry this didn't help.