Family Account Primary member lost passcode

I have a family account and have lost the passcode so I can no longer play online unless I recover my gamertag each time. I have the passcode to the console, but not my own online account. (I've gone through all the combinations I can think of with no luck. It is also preventing anyone else from purchashing anything even though I have set all the options to yes. In some cases, even free items cannot be downloaded by the other family memebers, (all are over 18). All the settings are on custom, but set to allowed.

Since I am the primary, I don't want to delete my gamertag and then try to restore it if it will mess up the family subscription. We are paid until Jan 2012. Please help, this is very agravating to have to recover the gamertag each time. I don't even want a passcode on the account any longer....

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just to clarify, you are referring to the individual LIVE passcode on your account, not the Family Settings passcode, correct? If you recover the account, it should remove the LIVE passcode permanently. If it isn't working, try to delete your profile (profile only, not items!), clear system cache, restart the console, and then recover your profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ye, thnaks. I am referring to the individual LIVE passcode. I have recovered my account numerous times, and it comes back as soon as I log off. I am worried what will happen to the family account if I delete the profile as I am the primary. How do you clear the system cache?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't believe anything will happen to the Family Plan if you delete and recover your account. To clear the system cache, open up the Memory options, highlight the HDD, press (Y), and select the clear cache option.

Sorry this didn't help.